Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snickerdoodle blondies

Snickerdoodle blondies

Y'know, I never seem to have good luck with blondies. Perhaps it's because I haven't eaten enough of them -- I know what brownies are supposed to be like, in all of their iterations, but somehow, what might be called "fudgy" or "chewy" in a brownie strikes me as "soft" or "squishy" in a blondie. I made these, and they came out like that. And now, I've made snickerdoodle ones, for which I've been eyeing recipes for weeks now, and they came out about the same way -- "fudgy," I guess, though they're not chocolate, so, well, I don't know. What I do know is that people raved about them and gobbled them up when I put a dish of them out at work. And I know that they made the house smell awesome when they were baking. So if blondies are your thing, maybe give them a try.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
From Crepes of Wrath

2 2/3 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
1 c butter, softened
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

1. Whisk together the top five ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
2. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture.
4. Spread in a greased 9-by-13 pan. Sprinkle the sugar topping evenly over the dough.
5. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment