Thursday, July 1, 2010

It all started with a New Year's resolution

As 2009 ended, my boyfriend, who's always been very good at making and keeping New Year's resolutions, encouraged me to make one, too. I have a history of being terrible at keeping resolutions any longer than a week, but with his support, I decided to go for it.

I've always wanted to be someone who could whip up any baked good from scratch, be it bread or cake or what have you, and he'd just bought me a new baking book for Xmas, so I decided to bake something I hadn't made before at least every other week for the entire year. I also decided that "bake" would be a term I used sort of loosely; if it was a dough, it counted (like pasta or dumplings), and if it was something a pastry chef would make, baked in the oven or not, it also counts.

Well, six months have passed, and I'm already well ahead of that goal -- I guess you could say I've already succeeded, having made 29 different things from January to the end of June, when I only had to make 26 for the year. So what's the next challenge, as I carry on with my now near-addiction to making treats both sweet and savory (but mostly sweet)? A blog. This blog. Why not? So follow along, won't you, and we'll see what I can learn to make next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment